Earthquake recorded near Springville, Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — An earthquake of magnitude 3.7 was recorded by University of Utah Seismograph Stations and the U.S. Geological Survey on Wednesday afternoon. The quake hit approximately 11 miles east of Independence in Utah County.
— KSL NewsRadio (@kslnewsradio) June 9, 2021
An aftershock of magnitude 2.5 was recorded about three minutes later.
According to a statement released by University of Utah Seismograph Stations (UUSS), the earthquake was recorded at 1:52 p.m. “The epicenter of the shock was located beneath the Wasatch Range, 7 miles northeast of Strawberry Reservoir and 21 miles east of the town of Wallsburg, Utah.”
The UUSS said that a magnitude 3.4 quake was recorded in the same general area in 2006.
There have been no reports of injuries or property damage.
If you felt this earthquake, you are encouraged to fill out a survey form located here on the U.S. Geological Survey webpage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide
- Heat causing road problems, UDOT hopes public can help
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flood warnings statewide