1-year-old child dead after Clearfield driveway accident
CLEARFIELD, Utah — A 1-year-old child is dead after being run over in a driveway in Clearfield, apparently the result of an accident, police said.
Assistant Clearfield Police Chief Devin Rogers confirmed by the time emergency services responded, the child was already dead.
According to Rogers, the report came in around 10:41 a.m. Thursday. Police said the family who lives in the home near 1340 West 1045 South. During the investigation, Rogers said police determined the family had been preparing for a camping trip while the child was in a gated backyard.
Rogers said a family member went to move the vehicle, not realizing the child had gotten out of the secured area. The police department determined that all indications point to this as a tragic driveway accident.
At this time, police said they do not plan to release the names of the victim or family members. They sent their condolences to family, friends and anyone else affected.
Today’s Top Stories
- Researchers believe ‘omicron’ variant will be in Utah, sooner or later
- Skier dies after crashing into snowbank at Brighton
- Newly discovered COVID variant is ‘red flag’ but US needs to learn more, Fauci says
- Stocks sink on new COVID variant; Dow loses 905 points
- Analysts expect supply chain problems to boost sales at brick and mortar stores
- Attempted robbery at West Valley hair salon leaves one injured, shooter still at large
- Woman killed after getting into what she thought was an Uber
- Renders released for Provo and Smithfield temples
- Dow drops 800 points at open as new COVID-19 variant emerges
- Here’s why your ticket price out of SLC seems so high right now