1-year-old child dead after Clearfield driveway accident
CLEARFIELD, Utah — A 1-year-old child is dead after being run over in a driveway in Clearfield, apparently the result of an accident, police said.
Assistant Clearfield Police Chief Devin Rogers confirmed by the time emergency services responded, the child was already dead.
According to Rogers, the report came in around 10:41 a.m. Thursday. Police said the family who lives in the home near 1340 West 1045 South. During the investigation, Rogers said police determined the family had been preparing for a camping trip while the child was in a gated backyard.
Rogers said a family member went to move the vehicle, not realizing the child had gotten out of the secured area. The police department determined that all indications point to this as a tragic driveway accident.
At this time, police said they do not plan to release the names of the victim or family members. They sent their condolences to family, friends and anyone else affected.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- President Joe Biden officially cleared to emerge from isolation following rebound Covid-19 case
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo