NB-15 closed after fatal motorcycle accident
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman is dead and a man is in the hospital after an early morning motorcycle crash on northbound I-15 near 9000 South.
Utah Highway Patrol said the two were on a motorcycle that began to fishtail this morning when both riders were thrown from the bike.
Troopers said a semi-truck behind them saw the man on the freeway and was able to avoid him, however, they did not see the woman and hit her.
UHP estimates that northbound lanes will reopen by 7:30 this morning. Stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest updates with Triple Team Traffic every 10 minutes on the 9s starting at 6:00 am.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deputies say evidence pointing to homicide likely in case of Dylan Rounds
- Breaking: 5-year-old child in critical condition after being hit by truck
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- Moab plans to investigate police interaction with Gabby Petito, fiancé
- Two men accused of stealing dying piglets from Utah farm face charges
- University of Utah researchers unveil Utah Bionic Leg