One man killed in rollover accident on I-80 near Wendover
TOOELE, Utah — A vehicle rolled and crashed on eastbound I-80, seven miles east of Wendover early Sunday morning, ejecting two passengers.
The car swerved, over-corrected, and then rolled according to Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Andrew Battenfield.
EB I-80 at MP 9 (7 mi E of Wendover) Tooele Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 9:24 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 20, 2021
Two people in the car were ejected by the force of the crash, Battenfield said. The reason the car swerved is not yet known.
A Life Flight helicopter was called to the scene to transport one of the accident victims to a hospital, but the other victim died at the scene of the crash.
Battenfield said he didn’t believe either person was wearing a seatbelt.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes