TOOELE, Utah — A vehicle rolled and crashed on eastbound I-80, seven miles east of Wendover early Sunday morning, ejecting two passengers.
The car swerved, over-corrected, and then rolled according to Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Andrew Battenfield.
EB I-80 at MP 9 (7 mi E of Wendover) Tooele Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 9:24 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 20, 2021
Two people in the car were ejected by the force of the crash, Battenfield said. The reason the car swerved is not yet known.
A Life Flight helicopter was called to the scene to transport one of the accident victims to a hospital, but the other victim died at the scene of the crash.
Battenfield said he didn’t believe either person was wearing a seatbelt.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pioneer Day Parade: Road closures, times, and how to watch
- Two Church missionaries killed in head-on collision
- Fun facts about the Olympics
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
- How to watch every single event at the Tokyo Olympics
- Man arrested after reportedly opening fire and barricading himself in West Jordan home
- To keep your green lawn during drought, listen to the pro
- Salt Lake City creates tiny home design contest as possible housing shortage solution
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- How the city of Mapleton managed to avoid a flooding disaster