Car crash in West Valley early Friday kills one
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One person died after a head-on car crash in West Valley City Friday morning.
West Valley City Police said the accident happened at 5600 West near 2200 South.
Sgt. John Pitman said it happened just before 6 a.m. The crash involved a car and an SUV.
“The black SUV was going northbound, the passenger car was going southbound. The passenger car is the one that veered into the northbound lane causing an accident by striking the SUV,” Pitman said.
The stretch of 5600 West was closed between SR-201 and 2400 South. According to the Utah Department of Transportation, the lanes were expected to be closed until 10 a.m. Friday morning.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film