Salt Lake City man drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir
SALT LAKE CITY — A 69-year-old man has drowned at Deer Creek Reservoir, near Deer Creek Island.
The Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office said that they received a call around noon on Saturday afternoon, from someone reporting an unconscious person “in a capsized canoe.”
As has been the case several times in past weeks, a Good Samaritan was able to get the man on their boat and take him to shore where rescue crews from Utah State Parks, Wasatch County Fire, and the Wasatch County Sheriff’s office were waiting.
Despite efforts to revive him by these first responders, the man died at the scene.
“It did not appear the individual was wearing a life jacket,” said the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office in a statement.
The State Medical Examiner’s Office will determine an official cause of death.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?