Fatal crash on Utah SR 40 near Strawberry Reservoir
PARK CITY, Utah — An hours-long traffic backup on Utah SR 40 Sunday afternoon stemmed from a fatal two-car crash at the roadway’s intersection with Strawberry River Road.
The Utah Highway Patrol said that a Toyota Highlander was trying to make a left-hand turn onto westbound SR 40 from Strawberry River Road, but failed to yield to a Nissan high occupancy van that was traveling eastbound on SR 40.
The UHP said the Nissan hit the Highlander’s driver side door and the force of the crash pushed both vehicles from the roadway.
Three of the four adults involved in the crash had to be extricated from the vehicles.
The UHP said there were several juveniles in the Nissan that were uninjured for the most part, and received minor bumps and bruises.
Three of the injured adults had to be taken to a hospital by helicopter, one of them was a critically injured woman who was pronounced dead during surgery.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe
- More than 700 flights canceled Sunday
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state
- Family loses everything to motorhome explosion
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade