Grandparents in stable condition after being stabbed by grandson
SEVIER COUNTY, Utah — Two grandparents, a 78-year-old man and 75-year-old woman, remain in critical but stable condition after they were both stabbed by their grandson, according to the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office.
In a statement, Sheriff Nathan J. Curtis said that a 911 call came into the Richfield Communications Center around 11:30 p.m. on Thursday night from Margo Evans. She told emergency dispatch that her husband was being stabbed by her grandson.
Right after calling authorities, Curtis said the woman was attacked by the same person. He has been identified as 28-year-old Wade Evans.
As the woman was being stabbed, Sheriff Curtis said the first stabbing victim, her husband Charles Evans, shot the attacking grandson multiple times. At this point, the stabbing victims left their residence and drove to a neighbor’s house. From there, they called 911 again to report the shooting and their location.
First responders were sent to the neighbor’s home where Charles and Margo Evans were being given first aid.
Sevier County Sheriff deputies then went to the home where the stabbing occurred, “and found the suspect 28-year-old Wade Evans, in the home covered in blood,” the statement from Sheriff Curtis said.
The suspect was still holding the knife, but dropped it when the deputies ordered him to do so. The grandson was taken into custody, and transported to a hospital for the treatment of his wounds.
Charles and Margo Evans each received multiple stab and defensive wounds during the incident, according to police. Both victims were transported to hospitals along the Wasatch Front.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, the injuries were serious and needed advanced medical care.
The suspect, Wade Evans, is currently receiving medical care for his injuries and is also in serious but stable condition.
Authorities continue to investigate the incident and this story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement