SLC will be above 100 degrees again after setting new daily record
SALT LAKE CITY — The Wasatch Front will see another day of above 100 degrees again on Monday, but there is some relief in sight.
It got to 104°F at SLC today. This breaks the old daily record of 103° for the site, set in 2012. #utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) July 12, 2021
The day after Salt Lake City set a new daily record of above 100 degrees at the airport, it will be 102 degrees today. Not only will it be hot, but the skies will also be smoky.
The @NWSSaltLakeCity says smoky skies could be with much of the state for a couple of days. It may remain in northern Utah depending on what happens with the fire upstream. Reminder most of haze filled skies are coming from fires in Oregon and California. pic.twitter.com/Awtxtxt9Yy
— KSL NewsRadio (@kslnewsradio) July 11, 2021
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for parts of the state through 9 p.m. tonight, but we do get some relief this week.
“We have some thunderstorms, won’t be quite as hot tomorrow or the next three days,” says KSL Meteorologist Grant Wayman. “Then it inches back up to near 100 again for the weekend.”
The forecast shows a slight chance of thunderstorms and rain for Tuesday and Wednesday. It will be 99 degrees on Friday and Saturday. We will be back to 100 by Sunday.
Expect more wildfire smoke and more extreme heat for the next 2 days. High pressure is directing smoke in from the north and northwest. Get ready for a spike in temperatures across northern Utah with highs in the triple digits. #utwx pic.twitter.com/8HEKWTYbzR
— KSL Weather (@kslweather) July 10, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field