LOGAN, Utah — Logan police believe that an act of vandalism happened overnight between Tuesday and Wednesday at Logan High School.
The photo below shows what Logan police found when they arrived, after receiving the vandalism report. The graffiti was painted on the school’s west parking lot.
Logan Police Captain Curtis Hooley told KSL NewsRadio that a school employee called police to report the spray-painted graffiti.
“They were covering up a word, it looks like it said black lives matter and they covered that up,” Hooley said. “They put a number, 1776, in black paint as well.”
The photo shows several hashtags followed by the words “no white guilt” and “14 words” as well as “we are everywhere.”
According to the Anti-Defamation League (ADF), the phrase “14 Words” is a reference to “the most popular white supremacist slogan in the world.” It is credited to David Lane, a member of what the ADF calls a terrorist group known as The Order. The Order was responsible for the assassination in 1984 of Jewish radio host Alan Berg. Lane died in prison in 2007.
By Wednesday afternoon Logan police said they had no suspects. They said they believed this was an isolated incident.
Anybody with information is asked to contact the Logan Police Department at 435-716-9300.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- “A pandemic of the unvaccinated:” Gov. Cox, state leaders update Utah COVID-19 status
- Bear Lake Idaho: 3 surprising facts you never knew
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- Utah Department of Health releases COVID-19 recommendations for schools
- Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in Capitol riot
- Demand is driving home prices in Utah through the roof
- Biden to announce new eviction ban due to COVID spread
- How to pick a financial advisor | What questions do you need to ask to make sure you are…
- 5 awesome animal activities in Utah for you and the whole family
- 3 awesome reasons you’ll want to go to the Soldier Hollow Classic this year. Well, do…