Cox appoints Fresques to Utah State Tax Commission
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Governor Spencer J. Cox appointed Jennifer Fresques to serve as a member of the Utah State Tax Commission Thursday.
“Jennifer brings a wealth of experience to the Utah State Tax Commission,” Cox said. “I appreciate her willingness to serve the people of Utah in this new capacity.”
Currently, Fresques serves as a commercial appraisal manager in Utah at the Salt Lake County Assessor’s Office and has held several positions at the agency since 2008.
She previously worked as a commercial quality coordinator, has served as a commercial sales analyst and as a commercial ad valorem appraiser.
Fresques graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Science in Business and Accounting from the University of Phoenix. She has completed the National Association of County’s Professional Development Academy, Salt Lake County Management certificate and Salt Lake County’s Supervisor Credit program.
“I am honored to have been appointed by Governor Cox,” Fresques said. “I am excited to have the opportunity to serve the people of Utah in this new role.”
The governor’s nominations are subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Property tax bloat is real, according to state auditor
- Governor Spencer Cox asking unvaccinated Utahns to get vaccinated
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?