Utah gymnast and US team alternate Kara Eaker tests positive at Olympics
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Red Rock gymnast, and Olympic alternate Kara Eaker has tested positive for COVID-19 according to reports given to WHO-TV.
Eakers tested positive while in Tokyo for the Olympic Games said her coach, Al Fong. Fong also said Eaker has been vaccinated and now has to quarantine for 8-14 days.
— Justin Surrency (@JustinSurrency) July 19, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- School choice bill is “limiting” public schools, UEA president says
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street