Juvenile taken into custody following family domestic violence call
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A male adult is recovering from two gunshots to the wrist after he was shot by his wife’s juvenile brother Friday night in West Valley City.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jones said they received a call around 8:10 p.m. Friday night, asking for help at 3185 Appleton Dr.
“There were two adults having a verbal altercation at the house and then looks like a family member intervened, and wound up shooting the male adult twice with minor wounds,” according to Sgt. Jones.
Sgt. Jones says the suspect, a juvenile was taken into custody. He said the gunshot victim escaped major injuries and at last check he was listed as stable.
West Valley City Police’s Roxanne Viniuku confirmed that the adults involved in this call are husband and wife, and that the suspect is the wife’s juvenile brother.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up