Juvenile taken into custody following family domestic violence call
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A male adult is recovering from two gunshots to the wrist after he was shot by his wife’s juvenile brother Friday night in West Valley City.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Jones said they received a call around 8:10 p.m. Friday night, asking for help at 3185 Appleton Dr.
“There were two adults having a verbal altercation at the house and then looks like a family member intervened, and wound up shooting the male adult twice with minor wounds,” according to Sgt. Jones.
Sgt. Jones says the suspect, a juvenile was taken into custody. He said the gunshot victim escaped major injuries and at last check he was listed as stable.
West Valley City Police’s Roxanne Viniuku confirmed that the adults involved in this call are husband and wife, and that the suspect is the wife’s juvenile brother.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process