UPDATE: Missing Hurricane child found deceased
HURRICANE, Utah — A 4-year-old child reported missing on Sunday morning was later found dead in his home.
Police confirmed to KSL TV‘ reporter Garna Mejia that they don’t know if the death of Kache Dee Wallis was accidental. Mejia reports police haven’t ruled out an accidental death, and hesitate to call the death suspicious.
Authorities received a call at 10 a.m. on Sunday from the child’s grandmother who reported the child missing. The grandmother is his legal custodian.
Police found the boy’s body about 1:30 p.m. after a second search of the home.
Hurricane police say they do not have a history of contacts with those in the home. They said that there was no obvious sign of death on the child’s body.
Police do not know how long the child was deceased in the home before he was discovered.
More information on this story will be published as details become available.
HURRICANE, Utah — The Utah Department of Public Safety has canceled the endangered missing advisory issued earlier Sunday afternoon for 4-year-old Kache Dee Wallis.
HURRICANE, Utah — Early Sunday afternoon, police in Hurricane, Utah, reported that a 4-year-old boy is missing.
Police reported that the boy, Kache Dee Wallis, was last seen as he was being tucked into his bed Saturday night at his residence, 264 West and 200 North, in Hurricane.
Kache is a white male, with light brow medium length hair. He has dark brown eyes, stands 3’6″ and weighs 50 lbs.
He was last seen wearing white long-sleeve Ninja Turtle pajamas and might be with his non-custodial mother, Erika Carrell.
Carrell may be driving a white 2017 Nissan Sentra, with Oregon license plates.
On its Facebook page, the Hurricane City PD said that, at this time, this situation does not meet the specific criteria required for an Amber Alert to be issued.
Hurricane City police ask you to call 435-627-4999 if you can provide any information.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- “Work on what matters to America,” says Cox in State of the State
- U of U scientists test gel contraceptive for men, hope to ease burden of birth control for women
- “Not unexpected” said Dr. Dunn after mask mandates in Utah shot down
- Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts