20-car chain reaction accident in Millard County claims six lives
UPDATE: (8:06 p.m.) KANOSH, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol has confirmed six fatalities in a series of crashes late Sunday afternoon west of Kanosh.
The UHP also reports several other individuals were transported to hospitals in critical condition. More than 20 vehicles were involved in the incident.
The UHP reports that northbound on I-15 is partially open, while southbound will remain for several hours as the investigation into the crash continues.
KANOSH, Utah — A sandstorm in Millard County has led to at least one confirmed fatality and several injured motorists in a series of crashes late Sunday afternoon west of Kanosh according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The accident occurred just before 5 p.m. on I-15 near milepost 152, between the Kanosh and Meadows exits. The incident has caused the freeway to be closed in both directions.
The Utah Highway Patrol asked for troopers from Richfield and Beaver to assist. Several ground and air ambulances also responded to the scene to transport victims.
According to the UHP, I-15 will be shut down for several hours. It will be closed northbound at 1-70, and southbound at exit 158 at Kanosh.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans