UPDATE: (8:06 p.m.) KANOSH, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol has confirmed six fatalities in a series of crashes late Sunday afternoon west of Kanosh.
The UHP also reports several other individuals were transported to hospitals in critical condition. More than 20 vehicles were involved in the incident.
The UHP reports that northbound on I-15 is partially open, while southbound will remain for several hours as the investigation into the crash continues.
KANOSH, Utah — A sandstorm in Millard County has led to at least one confirmed fatality and several injured motorists in a series of crashes late Sunday afternoon west of Kanosh according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The accident occurred just before 5 p.m. on I-15 near milepost 152, between the Kanosh and Meadows exits. The incident has caused the freeway to be closed in both directions.
The Utah Highway Patrol asked for troopers from Richfield and Beaver to assist. Several ground and air ambulances also responded to the scene to transport victims.
According to the UHP, I-15 will be shut down for several hours. It will be closed northbound at 1-70, and southbound at exit 158 at Kanosh.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Bus driver from Alpine School District fired over posters on the bus
- Maggie has her day in the snow
- Utah man finishes World Championship half Ironman while dying from ALS
- The FBI-led search for Gabby Petito’s fiance is scaling back but becoming more…
- Shining a Light on Domestic Violence: Gabby Petito case brings DV to the forefront
- Armed robbery at an Ogden 7/11
- Parent speaks about posters found on Alpine School District bus
- Analysts: Mental health calls to Safe UT app ‘more intense’ since pandemic
- Minersville male shot and killed over “self defense” says Sheriff
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered