20-car chain reaction accident in Millard County claims six lives
UPDATE: (8:06 p.m.) KANOSH, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol has confirmed six fatalities in a series of crashes late Sunday afternoon west of Kanosh.
The UHP also reports several other individuals were transported to hospitals in critical condition. More than 20 vehicles were involved in the incident.
The UHP reports that northbound on I-15 is partially open, while southbound will remain for several hours as the investigation into the crash continues.
KANOSH, Utah — A sandstorm in Millard County has led to at least one confirmed fatality and several injured motorists in a series of crashes late Sunday afternoon west of Kanosh according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
The accident occurred just before 5 p.m. on I-15 near milepost 152, between the Kanosh and Meadows exits. The incident has caused the freeway to be closed in both directions.
The Utah Highway Patrol asked for troopers from Richfield and Beaver to assist. Several ground and air ambulances also responded to the scene to transport victims.
According to the UHP, I-15 will be shut down for several hours. It will be closed northbound at 1-70, and southbound at exit 158 at Kanosh.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- Utah Attorney General asks for permission to appeal trigger law injunction
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Feds removed documents from Mar-a-Lago in June with grand jury subpoena
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport