AMERICAN FORK, Utah — A body found along Snake Creek Road above Tibble Fork Reservoir Friday in American Fork Canyon may be that of Darren Przybyla, 38, last seen on July 11, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
“We haven’t confirmed it’s him yet,” Lt. Erik Knutzen, of the Utah County Sheriff’s Office. “But we have a real good strong suspicion that it is him.”
No sign of foul play with body in American Fork Canyon
Knutzen said the Sheriff’s Office does not suspect foul play.
“There was no obvious sign of trauma,” he said. “It looks like he’s been there for a few days.”
The Utah County’s Sheriff’s Office began searching for Przbyla on July 27. A car that belonged to Przbyla had been towed from the area before the search began.
The body has been taken to the state medical examiner’s office. Because of the condition of the body, Knutzen said a dental examination will be required to fully verify the identity of the body, which could take a few days.
Family members have been notified.
- Missing person Susan A. Lavender found safe by police
- New details in death of missing Sandy woman Masako Kenley
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…