SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will open its first interchange on U.S. 89 in Davis County on Monday at 6 a.m.
The new 400 North interchange will improve the connection between U.S. 89 and 400 North in Fruit Heights. It will now become 200 North as it continues west into Kaysville, which is a major east-west path through Davis County. Drivers on U.S. 89 will no longer have to stop at the interchange, as 400 North will now cross over the highway.
“Opening this new interchange is a huge step forward in completing this massive project,” said UDOT Region One Director Rob Wight. “Each new bridge represents one less stoplight for drivers, which means reduced delays and fewer crashes, and getting on and off the highway is much easier.”
However, UDOT says there is still some work to be done at the interchange, such as remove traffic signals. Drivers should plan for reduced lanes this weekend on U.S. 89 in each direction from Green Road in Fruit Heights to 700 North in Kaysville, and there will be no access between 400 North and U.S. 89 until Monday morning.
The 400 North interchange will be the first to open between Farmington and Layton. It will replace existing intersections with on- and off-ramps and bridges to carry local streets over U.S. 89. Three other interchanges are currently under construction at Oak Hills Drive, Gordon Avenue, and Antelope Drive.
The intersections at Oak Hills Drive and Gordon Avenue will open later this summer. Work started in spring 2020 and is scheduled for completion in 2023. It is the second largest highway project in Utah.
- UDOT gets an extra $60 million to finish Highway 89 rebuild
- UDOT looking for input on Highway 89 expansion
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…