One man is dead following crash on I-70
SALT LAKE CITY — One man is dead following a single-car crash Friday on I-70 near milepost 173.
According to the Department of Public Safety, a 2003 Green Chevrolet pickup truck was traveling westbound at around 5 p.m. For reasons unknown, it went into the median. The vehicle then returned to the road, and it crossed all westbound lanes.
The vehicle went onto the shoulder and left the roadway. It rolled and the driver was ejected, suffering fatal injuries.
The victim has been identified as James Williams, 54, of Grand Junction, Colo. There were no other injuries reported from the accident.
- UDOT: Road debris causes 1,800 crashes every year
- Utah Highway Patrol says excessive speeds continue to be a problem
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger
- Some Capri Sun products being recalled by Kraft Heinz
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say