SALT LAKE CITY — One man is dead following a single-car crash Friday on I-70 near milepost 173.
According to the Department of Public Safety, a 2003 Green Chevrolet pickup truck was traveling westbound at around 5 p.m. For reasons unknown, it went into the median. The vehicle then returned to the road, and it crossed all westbound lanes.
The vehicle went onto the shoulder and left the roadway. It rolled and the driver was ejected, suffering fatal injuries.
The victim has been identified as James Williams, 54, of Grand Junction, Colo. There were no other injuries reported from the accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…