Child injured after fatal crash on US-189 near Heber City
HEBER, Utah — A child was injured and a man was killed Sunday afternoon after a head-on collision on US-189 near 3000 South in Heber.
Utah Highway Patrol Corporal Michael Gordon said they received a call for help around 3:30 p.m.
When they arrived on the scene, Gordon said that one person involved in the accident had died.
That man was driving southbound on US 189 in a pickup truck.
“For an unknown reason he crossed over into the northbound lanes of travel and struck another vehicle head-on,” Gordon told KSL.
Joe Davis, who is an employee of KSL Newsradio, witnessed the crash. He said that the wrong-way driver sideswiped another truck and then continued.”
“The truck that had crossed the median continued after he’d hit that truck and went further across the median and impacted a Volvo SUV with a woman and a child in it, a little boy.”
Davis said the impact carried the Volvo into a fence, and that all of the airbags had deployed.
The child was transported by medical helicopter Davis said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Bed Bath & Beyond says it can no longer pay its debts
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”