Child injured after fatal crash on US-189 near Heber City
HEBER, Utah — A child was injured and a man was killed Sunday afternoon after a head-on collision on US-189 near 3000 South in Heber.
Utah Highway Patrol Corporal Michael Gordon said they received a call for help around 3:30 p.m.
When they arrived on the scene, Gordon said that one person involved in the accident had died.
That man was driving southbound on US 189 in a pickup truck.
“For an unknown reason he crossed over into the northbound lanes of travel and struck another vehicle head-on,” Gordon told KSL.
Joe Davis, who is an employee of KSL Newsradio, witnessed the crash. He said that the wrong-way driver sideswiped another truck and then continued.”
“The truck that had crossed the median continued after he’d hit that truck and went further across the median and impacted a Volvo SUV with a woman and a child in it, a little boy.”
Davis said the impact carried the Volvo into a fence, and that all of the airbags had deployed.
The child was transported by medical helicopter Davis said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Time Out on the Field
- Citations against people experiencing homelessness ‘not effective’ according to…