SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a flash flood watch for most of central and easter n Utah.
The NWS says that flash floods are expected for Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef National Parks as well as Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Grand Staircase Escalante, Grand Gulch and the San Rafael Swell. They also expect possible flooding in Zion National Park and probable flooding in Bryce Canyon National Park.
The flood watch is in effect from noon on Monday until 9 pm.
FLASH FLOOD WATCH for central and eastern Utah https://t.co/7L1rNlI00E
— Colby Walker (@walk_colb) August 2, 2021
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Bus driver from Alpine School District fired over posters on the bus
- Maggie has her day in the snow
- Utah man finishes World Championship half Ironman while dying from ALS
- Armed robbery at an Ogden 7/11
- Analysts: Mental health calls to Safe UT app ‘more intense’ since pandemic
- Parent speaks about posters found on Alpine School District bus
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Teacher at center of video controversy no longer with Alpine District
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes
- Shining a Light on Domestic Violence: Gabby Petito case brings DV to the forefront