Flash Flood Watch issued for most of central and eastern Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a flash flood watch for most of central and easter n Utah.
The NWS says that flash floods are expected for Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef National Parks as well as Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Grand Staircase Escalante, Grand Gulch and the San Rafael Swell. They also expect possible flooding in Zion National Park and probable flooding in Bryce Canyon National Park.
The flood watch is in effect from noon on Monday until 9 pm.
FLASH FLOOD WATCH for central and eastern Utah https://t.co/7L1rNlI00E
— Colby Walker (@walk_colb) August 2, 2021
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- School choice bill is “limiting” public schools, UEA president says