SALT LAKE CITY — Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. According to arrest records, Janet West Buhler and Jacob Kyle Wiedrich were arrested on multiple charges.
According to arrest records Buhler was charged on Friday. She faces charges for knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, entering and remaining in the Gallery of Congress, disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building.
Though two more Utahns have been arrested, court documents show Buhler is related to another suspect. Michael Lee Hardin was arrested with similar charges on April 2, 2021. The Statement of Facts document lists Janet as Hardin’s stepmother-in-law and she traveled with him to D.C.
The other Utahn that has been arrested Jacob Kyle Wiedrich is facing similar charges. Wiedrich was charged on Thursday. Arrest records show screenshots from a video inside the capitol. He is seen walking down the hallway towards the House wing of the building that day.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Sandy Fire Department responds to shed fire
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- 12-year-old injured in Blanding hit-and-run incident
- Celebration of Life honors Marine Staff Sgt. Taylor Hoover
- Utah house speaker, senate president not fans of Biden vaccine plan
- Sandy police investigate fatal car crash
- UPDATE: Children in apparent double murder-suicide have been identified