Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in Capitol riot
SALT LAKE CITY — Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. According to arrest records, Janet West Buhler and Jacob Kyle Wiedrich were arrested on multiple charges.
According to arrest records Buhler was charged on Friday. She faces charges for knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, entering and remaining in the Gallery of Congress, disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building.
Though two more Utahns have been arrested, court documents show Buhler is related to another suspect. Michael Lee Hardin was arrested with similar charges on April 2, 2021. The Statement of Facts document lists Janet as Hardin’s stepmother-in-law and she traveled with him to D.C.
The other Utahn that has been arrested Jacob Kyle Wiedrich is facing similar charges. Wiedrich was charged on Thursday. Arrest records show screenshots from a video inside the capitol. He is seen walking down the hallway towards the House wing of the building that day.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Fatal accident temporarily closes SR 190 in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Police looking for suspect in West Valley drive-by shooting