Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in Capitol riot
SALT LAKE CITY — Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. According to arrest records, Janet West Buhler and Jacob Kyle Wiedrich were arrested on multiple charges.
According to arrest records Buhler was charged on Friday. She faces charges for knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, entering and remaining in the Gallery of Congress, disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building.
Though two more Utahns have been arrested, court documents show Buhler is related to another suspect. Michael Lee Hardin was arrested with similar charges on April 2, 2021. The Statement of Facts document lists Janet as Hardin’s stepmother-in-law and she traveled with him to D.C.
The other Utahn that has been arrested Jacob Kyle Wiedrich is facing similar charges. Wiedrich was charged on Thursday. Arrest records show screenshots from a video inside the capitol. He is seen walking down the hallway towards the House wing of the building that day.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says