FARMINGTON, Utah — Detectives with the Davis County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a 40-year-old man and booked him into jail after an investigation into the rape of a child.
According to officials, Phillip Brandon Stokes, age 40, was arrested on August 2 and booked into jail on suspicion of rape of a child. He also faces multiple other counts, including accusations of sexual abuse of a child, enticing a minor, sexual exploitation of a minor, dealing in harmful materials to a minor and obstruction of justice.
Davis County officials alleged in a statement that Stokes had been posting as a 17-year-old male and “communicating with the child on social media.”
According to investigators, Stokes then moved that conversation to a texting app. Eventually, they said he and the child agreed to meet at a park in Davis County.
The Davis County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI Child Exploitation Task Force say when they arrested Stokes on August 2, he admitted to sexually assaulting the child as well as assaulting other victims.
Authorities ask that if you have any material information about additional victims, or if you are a victim, you contact them at 801-451-4150.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…