Body of middle-aged male found in Spanish Fork behind Costco
SPANISH FORK, Utah — Investigators are arriving to the scene where a body has been found behind Costco in Spanish Fork. Lt. Brandon Anderson confirmed the body of a middle-aged male was found in a canal near a well-traveled trail.
The trail runs parallel along I-15 near the Spanish Fork Costco and Deseret Meat Packing plant.
“Somebody on the trail noticed a body on the side of this canal in the water and they called it in,” Anderson said.
Anderson reported the cause of death is still under investigation and there is nothing that stands out at this time. “It [the body] doesn’t appear to have been there a long time because the body is still in decent shape,” Anderson explained.
There are no further details about this case.
This story is breaking and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- 2 dead after crash into parked box truck
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students