Unified Fire responds to wildfire at mouth of Parley’s Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Fire Department responded to a wildfire at the mouth of Parley’s Canyon Thursday afternoon.
The Plateau Fire is located east of Plateau Drive and Sequoia Drive.
The fire has been limited to approximately 1.6 acres. Structures in the area were threatened for a time, but have not been impacted. Crews were able to put the fire out in a short period of time.
Firefighters are actively putting out hotspots.
According to the Unified Fire Twitter page, no evacuations are in place. The majority of the fire has been put out.
Unified Fire has 40 firefighters on scene. In addition, there are also two single engine air tankers providing assistance from the air.
No injuries were reported from the fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success