Double homicide in overnight Magna shooting
MAGNA, Utah — An overnight shooting killed two people and left one injured at a house party in Magna.
Unified Police tweeted early Sunday the shooting took place at 3623 south Evening Light Cove in Magna.
Police received the call at 1:10 am, when officers arrived they found three gunshot victims at a large house party. Two of the victims were male in their late teens, they were already deceased. The injured victim is an underage female, she remains in fair condition.
The two victims have been identified as 19-year-old Juan Valentine Rodriguez and 18-year-old Ivan Valenzuela.
There is not a lot of clarity on what happened, as detectives say most witnesses were drunk. No information yet on the suspect, he is still at large.
This is a developing story, we will update this page as more information becomes available.
- An early morning shooting in Bountiful being investigated
- Increase in homicides across the country blamed on Minneapolis Effect
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen