Man dead after falling from Sky Ride at Lagoon
FARMINGTON, Utah — A 32-year old man died after falling 50 feet from the Sky Ride at Lagoon Amusement Park on Saturday.
According to officials, at about 17:50, the Davis County Dispatch received multiple 911 calls reporting a person had fallen off the ride. Multiple officers and emergency medical personnel aided the man at the scene.
Eyewitnesses told police the man was riding alone. He was flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition Saturday. Monday, police confirmed he had passed away.
No mechanical malfunction has been reported for the ride the car he was riding on.
Police are not releasing the victim’s identity at the request of the family.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations