Man dead after falling from Sky Ride at Lagoon
FARMINGTON, Utah — A 32-year old man died after falling 50 feet from the Sky Ride at Lagoon Amusement Park on Saturday.
According to officials, at about 17:50, the Davis County Dispatch received multiple 911 calls reporting a person had fallen off the ride. Multiple officers and emergency medical personnel aided the man at the scene.
Eyewitnesses told police the man was riding alone. He was flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition Saturday. Monday, police confirmed he had passed away.
No mechanical malfunction has been reported for the ride the car he was riding on.
Police are not releasing the victim’s identity at the request of the family.
Today’s Top Stories
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- Fight the drought, install artificial turf. Landscape expert shares advice.
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- US Soccer equalizes pay in milestone with women, men
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- More than $430K in drugs found stuffed in car speaker in St. George