Man dead after falling from Sky Ride at Lagoon
FARMINGTON, Utah — A 32-year old man died after falling 50 feet from the Sky Ride at Lagoon Amusement Park on Saturday.
According to officials, at about 17:50, the Davis County Dispatch received multiple 911 calls reporting a person had fallen off the ride. Multiple officers and emergency medical personnel aided the man at the scene.
Eyewitnesses told police the man was riding alone. He was flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition Saturday. Monday, police confirmed he had passed away.
No mechanical malfunction has been reported for the ride the car he was riding on.
Police are not releasing the victim’s identity at the request of the family.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert