Zach Wilson interacts with Aaron Rodgers
PROVO, Utah — Former BYU quarterback Zach Wilson is still getting used to life in the NFL.
And during his rookie season, there is undoubtedly going to be a lot of firsts for the quarterback taken second overall by the New York Jets in last spring’s NFL Draft.
This week, Wilson had a chance to visit with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The Jets are in Wisconsin this week for a combined practice ahead of Saturday’s preseason game at Lambeau Field.
“The biggest thing I picked up (is the) two-minute drill,” Wilson said. “Just how calm and collective he is. He’s kind of out there almost like he’s just messing around, like playing backyard football. He’s having a good time, and he makes it work.”
Rodgers was equally as thrilled to get to meet Wilson.
“That’s the best part about this,” Rodgers said. “Is just getting to see other guys you know about, or get to meet and talk ball with during that time. It’s fun.”
In his NFL preseason debut on Aug. 14, Wilson completed 6 of 9 passes for 63 yards against the New York Giants.
- Namath excited for Zach Wilson, says Jets fans ‘deserve’ a title
- BYU football coach Kalani Sitake excited for Zach Wilson and other players at NFL draft
Today’s Top Stories
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field