Zach Wilson interacts with Aaron Rodgers
PROVO, Utah — Former BYU quarterback Zach Wilson is still getting used to life in the NFL.
And during his rookie season, there is undoubtedly going to be a lot of firsts for the quarterback taken second overall by the New York Jets in last spring’s NFL Draft.
This week, Wilson had a chance to visit with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The Jets are in Wisconsin this week for a combined practice ahead of Saturday’s preseason game at Lambeau Field.
“The biggest thing I picked up (is the) two-minute drill,” Wilson said. “Just how calm and collective he is. He’s kind of out there almost like he’s just messing around, like playing backyard football. He’s having a good time, and he makes it work.”
Rodgers was equally as thrilled to get to meet Wilson.
“That’s the best part about this,” Rodgers said. “Is just getting to see other guys you know about, or get to meet and talk ball with during that time. It’s fun.”
In his NFL preseason debut on Aug. 14, Wilson completed 6 of 9 passes for 63 yards against the New York Giants.
- Namath excited for Zach Wilson, says Jets fans ‘deserve’ a title
- BYU football coach Kalani Sitake excited for Zach Wilson and other players at NFL draft
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?