School bus collides with semi-truck in Cache County
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — A bus from Cache County School District collided with a semi-truck near 100 North Highway 91 in Smithfield on Friday afternoon.
According to Tim Smith of the Cache County School District, the bus was transporting roughly 24 students from Green Canyon High School to their homes in Newton.
The bus was hit in the front right corner. No one was sitting there at the time.
One male student was transported to the hospital as a precaution. His injuries are considered to be minor.
Both drivers are cooperating with the Utah Highway Patrol in the investigation.
More on this story as additional information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- East Idaho schools closed during sick spell
- Coronavirus Prevention
- Update: Evacuations LIFTED for Battle Creek 2 fire in Pleasant Grove
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- BYU study sees no advantage for either party in mail-in voting