School bus collides with semi-truck in Cache County
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — A bus from Cache County School District collided with a semi-truck near 100 North Highway 91 in Smithfield on Friday afternoon.
According to Tim Smith of the Cache County School District, the bus was transporting roughly 24 students from Green Canyon High School to their homes in Newton.
The bus was hit in the front right corner. No one was sitting there at the time.
One male student was transported to the hospital as a precaution. His injuries are considered to be minor.
Both drivers are cooperating with the Utah Highway Patrol in the investigation.
More on this story as additional information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested