Amber Alert canceled, missing boys from Price found in Elko, Nevada
SALT LAKE CITY — An Amber Alert out of Carbon County was canceled Saturday morning after Idaho authorities reported the two missing boys it referenced had been found.
The Carbon Sheriff’s office says authorities took the suspect, Derek Michael Rowley, into custody at about 1:00 AM Saturday in Elko, Nevada. The Elko and Carbon Sheriff’s departments received information he may be in that area and local officers made contact with him and took him into custody.
Carbon authorities say Rowley provided the location of the two missing boys after being apprehended. Officers then found both the children and their mother.
“The boys were in good health and are now safe,” Carbon County Sheriff’s office said in press release. “This is still an ongoing investigation into the whereabouts of Derek and the boys for the last 3 days.
Officials say the children were reunited with family members. According to the Elko County Sheriff’s office it arrested Rowley “on the Carbon County, Utah outstanding warrant, charging Kidnapping listing no bail.”
Carbon County Sheriff’s Office sent out the Amber Alert on Friday for eight-year-old Manson Rowley and six-year-old Arsen Mangum. Authorities said Rowley was making threats to harm himself and the boys. He was legally not allowed to contact the boys.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- Lawmakers propose all-day kindergarten bill, UEA fully supports it
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bob McGrath, original ‘Sesame Street’ cast member, dead at 90
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…