Salt Lake police engaged in a foot pursuit of two suspects
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department engaged in a foot pursuit that ended in the area of 2844 Oquirrh Drive Monday. Police say the foot pursuit initially began when police were notified of a hit and run on Foothill Drive and Kensington Avenue in Salt Lake.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge with SLCPD confirmed both parties of the hit and run were critically injured. One driver in a black SUV is a male whom police say took off running when emergency services arrived.
Wooldridge said that is when the foot pursuit ensued. The male had a female passenger with him, and one of them had bleeding injuries according to SLCPD.
Both the male, the female, and a juvenile male were transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
This story is developing and more information will be added when it is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years