SLCPD looking for suspect in fatal hit and run
SALT LAKE CITY — Police in Salt Lake City are looking for a suspect in a fatal hit and run accident that happened just before 5:00 am near 1300 South and 800 East.
Officers said that the victim may have been having a mental episode and was lying in the road when he was hit. They say his family was trying to get him out of the road when he was hit.
Police said the driver of the vehicle fled the area, and are still working on confirming details, but they said they are looking for a 2017-2020 Ford Mustang that is missing a bumper.
If you have any information on this you’re asked to call police at (801) 799-3000. Drivers are also being asked to avoid the area
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend