SWAT standoff in Millcreek comes to an end; three deceased individuals discovered
(Update: Saturday, 9:06 p.m.)
Authorities announced the names of the victims in the Millcreek SWAT standoff.
The victims are: Bonne Rachelle Brady, 54, Millcreek; Timothy Andrew Legrande, 53, Millcreek; Jacob Andrew Legrande, 30, Millcreek. Authorities say Jacob Legrande is the suspect.
(UPDATE: Saturday, 4:35 p.m.)
The SWAT situation in Millcreek came to an end Saturday afternoon with the discovery of three deceased individuals inside a home.
According to Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera, the three victims consists of one female and two males. Rivera says the suspect is among those dead, but that has yet to be confirmed.
Rivera also said, that two of the victims died Friday, while the third person died sometime between midnight and when the standoff ended around 3:30 p.m.
According to Rivera, negotiations between authorities and the suspect were held for several hours. However, the suspect ended all negotiations Friday night.
It is believed that family members of the suspect were at the home for an intervention. However, Rivera says that has yet to be confirmed.
Rivera also stated authorities don’t know the criminal history of the individual. She did say all officers on scene are exhausted, but none were injured.
Rivera also stressed there is no longer a danger to the community.
The situation at 3900 South and Highland Drive began Friday evening at around 6:30 p.m.
Authorities reopened 3900n South east of Highland Drive Saturday just after 5 p.m.
MILLCREEK, Utah — An elderly hostage has been rescued from a SWAT situation in Millcreek. This is an ongoing situation that started Friday night when officers from Unified Police were called to a scene near 3900 South and Highland Drive where a caller reported hearing gunshots.
According to KSL-TV reporter Andrew Adams, the elderly hostage was freed even as shots were being fired at officers.
On Saturday morning Unified spokeswoman Melody Cutler said a SWAT team is still on scene and that an investigation is ongoing.
MILLCREEK, Utah — The Unified Police Department are involved in a SWAT situation near 3900 South and Highland Drive Friday night.
Officers were called to the scene on a report of shots fired. Once they arrived, more shots were heard.
According to KSL-TV’s Andrew Adams, officers freed an elderly woman, while coming under fire inside the residence. Due to her age, the woman suffered some injuries.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels