Utah State Fair has something for everybody
SALT LAKE CITY — One of the greatest traditions in the state of Utah is the Utah State Fair.
The 2021 Utah State Fair opened Thursday to fair-goers from all-walks of life. It will run through Sept. 19.
One of the biggest of the attractions of the fair is the PRCA Rodeo, which will be held this weekend. The rodeo will be held at the Days of ’47 Arena. The competition will begin Friday and Saturday at 6 p.m. On Sunday, the final day of the rodeo, the action begins at 5 p.m. Tickets to the rodeo range between $15 and $28.
The final weekend of the fair will also be one worth attending. A demolition derby will be held Sept. 18 at 7 p.m. Tickets range between $22 and $26 for the event. A monster truck show will cap the 10-day fair with an event on Sept. 19 at 6 p.m. Tickets to that range between $20 and $24.
Utah State Fair other events
Live music be another major attraction at the fair. Styx and REO Speedwagon will highlight the Bullfrog Spa Concert Series with a show on Sept. 14. Tickets to the show start at $39.
Jon Pardi will perform on Sept. 15, while Nelly will take the stage on Sept. 16. Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias will perform on Sept. 17. Tickets to those three shows range between $35 and $59.
Additionally, the fair will also have comedy acts (Alfred and Seymour), an aerial stunt show (Nerveless Nocks) and an illusionist (Jared Sherlock).
There will be seven different categories with exhibits at the fair this year. Those categories include home arts, photography, floriculture, fine arts, creative arts, 4-H and FFA Crop and Agriculture Mechanics.
Tickets to the fair are $12 for adults (ages 13 to 61). Seniors over the age of 61 and children between the ages of 6-12 are $8. Children 5 and under are free. The tickets are good for any one day of the fair. For safety reasons, the tickets must be purchased online.
Face masks at the fair are not required. However, they are encouraged. Individuals who experience COVID-19-like symptoms are asked to stay at home. Restrooms and common areas will be cleaned regularly throughout the fair.
About the fair
The Utah State Fair was established in 1856. The Utah State Fairpark is located in Salt Lake City at 155 N. 1000 W.
- A scaled back Utah State Fair could happen next month
- Utah State Fair plans to be held in September as planned
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism