BYU Cougars accept invitation to join Big 12 Conference
PROVO, Utah — The BYU Cougars have officially accepted an invitation to join the Big 12 Conference along with Cincinnati, Houston and UCF.
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) September 10, 2021
“This is an historic day for BYU Athletics – and for the entire university,” BYU President Kevin J Worthen said.
“The BYU mission statement indicates that BYU is a place where ‘a commitment to excellence is expected.’ We strive to meet that requirement in all we do, including our core academic enterprise. Membership in the Big 12 gives us the opportunity to reinforce that commitment for student-athletes, allowing them to compete at the highest level both on and off the field.”
BYU will join the Big 12 in all sports except Equestrian, rowing, wrestling and men’s volleyball.
OFFICIAL: Brigham Young University has accepted an invitation to join the Big 12 Conference. pic.twitter.com/0brQvmwSmA
— BYU (@BYU) September 10, 2021
KSL NewsRadio will have live coverage of a news conference coming from the Big 12 at 10:30. Follow all the latest updates with the move, and BYU’s big game against Utah this weekend at KSLSports.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure