Moab police say they talked to missing NY woman and boyfriend
MOAB, Utah — New developments have arisen in case of missing 22-year-old Gabrielle Petito from New York woman who was last seen traveling through Utah with her boyfriend.
Moab Police said they received a call from someone else about an incident involving Petito and her boyfriend Brian Laundrie.
“Our officers did respond to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito on 12 August 2021 however, neither Brian or Gabrielle were the reporting party. Officers conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges,” said Moab Police Chief Bret Edge in an email to KSL.
That’s the same day Petito posted a picture from Arches National Park near Moab.
The nature of the call or the report was not specified, but Edge said officers investigated and found “insufficient evidence” to make criminal charges.
#UPDATE: Officers responded to incident involving #GabbyPetito & Brian Laundrie on Aug.12 in Moab. @moabpolice say there wasn’t enough evidence to file criminal charges. @KSL5TV @kslnewsradio pic.twitter.com/3SZIUxQp14
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) September 15, 2021
Petito’s mother said she last heard from her daughter on August 24th, in a text message.
The couple was going to the Grand Tetons next. The FBI is now focusing its search on Jackson, Wyoming.
Laundrie returned home to Florida. and released a statement through his attorney that this is a difficult time, and they hope the search for Gabby is successful and she is reunited with her family.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Elk, again, trying to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Nikki Haley expected to announce presidential run in Charleston on Feb. 15