Trails at Zion National Park reopen
ZION NATIONAL PARK, Utah — A pair of trails at Zion National Park reopened Thursday a day after they were closed due to a rockfall.
The Riverside Walk and the Narrows were opened to visitors Thursday morning.
On Wednesday afternoon, a rockfall took place in the Narrows.
A young adult had to be rescued from the trail by first responders. The individual was transported to an area hospital.
Due to a high rockfall risk, park rangers would like to remind visitors that entry into the park is at one’s own risk.
If you witness a rockfall, you are asked to call the Park Information line at (435) 772-3256.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished