SALT LAKE CITY — Motorists planning on traveling on I-80 over the next week in Salt Lake and Summit counties should plan ahead to avoid significant delays.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) announced Thursday three projects along I-80 that could cause headaches for those traveling along the interstate.
I-80 at Redwood Road
UDOT will close the ramp at Redwood Road to eastbound I-80 from Friday (Sept. 17) evening at 6 p.m. to Monday (Sept. 20) morning at 5 a.m. During this time, motorists will need to find a different way of accessing I-80. The ramp will be repaved, and crews will also replace the concrete safety barriers.
I-80/U.S. 40 interchange east of Park City
On Monday, the flyover ramp from U.S. 40 to westbound I-80 will close. It will reopen on Thursday, Sept. 30. Motorists will have to use the Silver Creek Road on-ramp to get onto I-80. In addition to adding an anti-icing coating, crews will also repave the ramp. Part of this project will also include replacing concrete barriers.
I-80 east of the I-84 interchange
I-80 will be limited to one eastbound lane through Saturday, Sept. 18, near the Echo Canyon rest area. UDOT says motorists should expect 20-30 minute delays. This section of the interstate is being repaved, and there will be heavy truck traffic in the area.
UDOT would like to remind motorists to be be cautious of other drivers as well as those individuals working on the highways.
Visit the UDOT website for the latest traffic conditions around Utah.
- Bangerter Highway on the road to no more stoplights
- “Life-changing” West Davis Highway begins construction
- UDOT to open two new interchanges on U.S. Highway 89
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home