DRAPER, Utah — A paraglider crash Thursday evening has claimed the life of an adult male.
According to Lt. Pat Evans of the Draper Police Department, first responders got a call at 7:30 p.m. of a paraglider that had crashed. The paraglider went down in the area of 15300 South Steep Mountain Drive in Draper.
Evans said bystanders and first responders climbed the mountain to render aid. When they got on scene, life-saving efforts were performed. However, they were unsuccessful. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
A helicopter from the Department of Public Safety is being called in to bring the victim down off the mountain.
Lt. Evans says authorities are not sure if he was alone or was with a group. The victim’s identity has not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan