Update: In an update from Newport News Police
Update: Shooting — Heritage High School
In reference to the release below. Two people were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds that are not believed to be life-threatening.
There have been reports that there are active shooters at other schools in the city. That information is false.
Investigation remains ongoing.
(CNN) — Police in Newport News, Virginia, said they responded to a shooting at Heritage High School late Monday morning.
Students were being evacuated and sent to the tennis court on campus, according to a tweet from the Newport News Police.
No further information was provided at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- Utah Tech recommended as new name for Dixie State
- Spanx employees given $10,000 and two first-class plane tickets
- Buzz Lightyear’s origin story is teased in a new trailer from Pixar
- Crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon claims one life, seriously injures child
- Investigators confused Brian Laundrie’s mother for him while watching their home,…
- Utah update: 2,000 new cases of COVID-19
- What will a Covid-19 vaccine for younger kids mean? An expert weighs in
- Intermountain Healthcare vaccine requirement
- Overdue Colorado hiker ignores calls from rescuers thinking they were scammers