Police respond to a shooting at Heritage High School in Newport News, Virginia
Update: In an update from Newport News Police
Update: Shooting — Heritage High School
In reference to the release below. Two people were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds that are not believed to be life-threatening.
There have been reports that there are active shooters at other schools in the city. That information is false.
Investigation remains ongoing.
(CNN) — Police in Newport News, Virginia, said they responded to a shooting at Heritage High School late Monday morning.
Students were being evacuated and sent to the tennis court on campus, according to a tweet from the Newport News Police.
No further information was provided at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels
- Delivery truck crashed into four parked cars, Salt Lake City Police say