Police respond to a shooting at Heritage High School in Newport News, Virginia
Update: In an update from Newport News Police
Update: Shooting — Heritage High School
In reference to the release below. Two people were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds that are not believed to be life-threatening.
There have been reports that there are active shooters at other schools in the city. That information is false.
Investigation remains ongoing.
(CNN) — Police in Newport News, Virginia, said they responded to a shooting at Heritage High School late Monday morning.
Students were being evacuated and sent to the tennis court on campus, according to a tweet from the Newport News Police.
No further information was provided at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah congressman to escort President Biden to his speech
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill