Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
PANAMA CITY, Florida — On Monday, Sept. 20, Sam Bass posted a video to his Facebook account that gained traction across social media. According to Bass, who lives in Panama City, Florida, video captured by a trail camera “strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie.
Laundrie is a person of interest in the disappearance and presumed death of Gabby Petito.
“I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Lanudrie,” Bass wrote on his Facebook post.
“Authorities have been contacted but people in the North West Florida area be on the lookout,” the post continued.
By Tuesday afternoon at approximately 11 a.m. Easter Standard Time, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office had posted a response on its Facebook page.
Brian Laundrie not captured on camera
“The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to also include nearby farmlands and a search by drone,” the Sheriff’s response on Facebook read.
“No one – and nothing – of note was located. There are no known possible past or current connections between Laundrie and anyone in this area at this time to follow up on.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
- Confusion over Senate President’s COVID-19 status
- The woman who almost played for the Jazz has died
- House Republicans hold off on vote that could overturn mask order
- Voting bill blocked by GOP filibuster, Dems try rules change
- A massive volcanic eruption and tsunami hit Tonga and the Pacific. Here’s what we know
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Can video games relieve depression in older adults? University of Utah study to find out.