Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
PANAMA CITY, Florida — On Monday, Sept. 20, Sam Bass posted a video to his Facebook account that gained traction across social media. According to Bass, who lives in Panama City, Florida, video captured by a trail camera “strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie.
Laundrie is a person of interest in the disappearance and presumed death of Gabby Petito.
“I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Lanudrie,” Bass wrote on his Facebook post.
“Authorities have been contacted but people in the North West Florida area be on the lookout,” the post continued.
By Tuesday afternoon at approximately 11 a.m. Easter Standard Time, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office had posted a response on its Facebook page.
Brian Laundrie not captured on camera
“The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to also include nearby farmlands and a search by drone,” the Sheriff’s response on Facebook read.
“No one – and nothing – of note was located. There are no known possible past or current connections between Laundrie and anyone in this area at this time to follow up on.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer