PANAMA CITY, Florida — On Monday, Sept. 20, Sam Bass posted a video to his Facebook account that gained traction across social media. According to Bass, who lives in Panama City, Florida, video captured by a trail camera “strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie.
Laundrie is a person of interest in the disappearance and presumed death of Gabby Petito.
“I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Lanudrie,” Bass wrote on his Facebook post.
“Authorities have been contacted but people in the North West Florida area be on the lookout,” the post continued.
By Tuesday afternoon at approximately 11 a.m. Easter Standard Time, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office had posted a response on its Facebook page.
Brian Laundrie not captured on camera
“The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to also include nearby farmlands and a search by drone,” the Sheriff’s response on Facebook read.
“No one – and nothing – of note was located. There are no known possible past or current connections between Laundrie and anyone in this area at this time to follow up on.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan