YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (AP) — Rescue crews in Yellowstone National Park have recovered the body of a 67-year-old Washington state man and are searching for his half-brother after the pair failed to return from a backcountry canoe trip.
Crews searched Tuesday from the air and along the shore of Shoshone Lake for 74-year-old Kim Crumbo, a former Navy SEAL from Ogden, Utah. Park officials say the body of Mark O’Neill was recovered Monday along the eastern shore of the 13-square-mile lake.
It has an average temperature of around 48 degrees. Survival time is estimated to be only 20 to 30 minutes in such cold water.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan