Springville police bust a drug sales operation
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — The Springville Police Department made a major drug bust on Sept. 19.
At the request of an individual, who had lost her cell phone, authorities went to the house where the phone was pinging from.
When the residences of the house opened the door, police officers noticed a strong odor of marijuana.
As a result, authorities began investigating the situation, during which time a male suspect attempted to escape. Officers were able to track him down and take him into custody.
After obtaining a search warrant, authorities searched the home and found a drug sales operation. Police confiscated $40,000 worth of drugs, $53,000 in cash and a loaded assault rifle.
According to Springville police, the male suspect was booked into jail under investigation of drug charges. The female in the house was released on a citation.
- Handwritten license plate, tinted windows lead to Iron County drug bust
- Over two dozen indicted in large drug bust in Salt Lake City
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels