SPRINGVILLE, Utah — The Springville Police Department made a major drug bust on Sept. 19.
At the request of an individual, who had lost her cell phone, authorities went to the house where the phone was pinging from.
When the residences of the house opened the door, police officers noticed a strong odor of marijuana.
As a result, authorities began investigating the situation, during which time a male suspect attempted to escape. Officers were able to track him down and take him into custody.
After obtaining a search warrant, authorities searched the home and found a drug sales operation. Police confiscated $40,000 worth of drugs, $53,000 in cash and a loaded assault rifle.
According to Springville police, the male suspect was booked into jail under investigation of drug charges. The female in the house was released on a citation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Crew member yelled ‘cold gun’ as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court…
- 13-year-old body recovered from Fish Lake
- Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
- Roy police officer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
- Tom Little – Lakeview Elementary School
- Drought-stricken California doused by major storm
- Ogden police investigating death of 41-year-old man
- Driver injured in West Valley City single-car rollover
- Elder David A. Bednar makes a ministry stop in Jordan
- Comcast outage from Bountiful to Ogden