Who stole the great American Fork pumpkin, Charlie Brown?
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — Not since Linus spent the night in the pumpkin patch awaiting the appearance of the Great Pumpkin has American Fork been so disappointed: someone swiped a giant pumpkin, which grew just outside its owner’s fence.
Dusten Batty and her husband estimated the stolen pumpkin at around 60 pounds before it vanished.
“You could see it was a big one,” she said.
They came up with the 60 pound guess based on the weight of the second-biggest pumpkin in their American Fork garden, which clocked in at 46 pounds.
But as she put it, the vines did what vines do, and grew where they wanted.
“If you get anything that grows on the outside of the fence — yeah, people seem to think it’s fair game,” Batty told KSL TV photographer Sean Moody. “It kind of makes you sad and mad when somebody just up and takes something that doesn’t belong to them.”
There’s a house a couple blocks from me here in Utah that was growing a record size pumpkin in their garden. Apparently the pumpkin went missing & the owners (who appear to be very upset) are on the hunt for whoever stole it 😂😂😂😂
“You are scum. Who stole our pumpkin” pic.twitter.com/6cseFywK0i
— Josh Reynolds (@JoshReynolds24) October 1, 2021
Batty posted signs on the fence calling out the thief. One reads, “Your [sic] a lowlife.” Plastic cups spelled out the word “Scum” and the phrase “Who stole our pumkin [sic],” a la missionary welcome home messages. A passerby snapped a photo, and the story went viral.
The Great Pumpkin thief of American Fork remains unknown so far.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…