Utah Jazz visit San Antonio Spurs for preseason opener, KSL broadcast debut
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS — The Utah Jazz begin their preseason on the road against the San Antonio Spurs Monday. Monday night’s game also begins a historic partnership between KSL Newsradio and The Zone Sports Network.
— Nick Wyatt (@NickWyattNews) October 4, 2021
Jazz vs Spurs
The Utah Jazz are in San Antonio tonight for the first of four preseason games. All eyes will be on two new players who have shown well in practices and early scrimmages.
KSLSports.com Jazz Insider Ben Anderson says coaches and fans will anxiously watch the performance of Eric Paschall, who the Jazz traded for in the off-season.
Anderson says Utah’s only draft pick, rookie Jared Butler, will also be fun to watch.
“He’s going to be really good. He was pretty impressive on Saturday during the team scrimmage,” says Anderson.
He also confirms many of the big names like Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, and Joe Ingles will play Monday night.
Bogdanović, Gay out for tonight
Not suiting up for the Jazz Monday evening are newly-signed Rudy Gay and Bojan Bogdanović.
“He’s still recovering from heel surgery, he had bone spurs in the off-season,” Anderson says of Gay.
Bogdanović is reportedly suffering from mild shoulder soreness. Anderson says the team is keeping him out as a precautionary measure.
Not on TV
Tonight’s matchup between the Utah Jazz and San Antonio Spurs will not be televised.
“So, the best way to find it is on radio,” says Anderson.
Thus begins a historic partnership between KSL Newsradio and The Zone Sports Network for Jazz radio coverage.
Catch the game on 102.7 FM, 1160 AM, or the KSL Newsradio app.
Tip-off is at 6:30 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Time Out on the Field
- Citations against people experiencing homelessness ‘not effective’ according to…