Layton Police looking for suspect after overnight shooting
LAYTON, Utah — Layton Police are looking for a suspect after a 35-year-old man was shot in the leg overnight.
Officers said the shooting occurred on 385 N. Main Street in Layton last night when two men got into an argument that ended when one of the men shot the other.
Police said the victim is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Officers are still looking for the suspect in the shooting, but say there is no threat to the public.
The identities of the shooter and victim are both unknown.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- After being hit by a bus, Ryan Hamilton announces changes to performance schedule
- Free fares across entire UTA system for the month of February
- Spirit Airlines comes to Salt Lake City Airport
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- Man in custody following high-speed chase through Utah County
- Jennie Nguyen removed from Real Housewives of SLC
- Bill aimed to ‘save’ Great Salt Lake to be introduced this legislative session
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints moving missionaries out of Ukraine
- Driver facing possible charges after truck crashes into building