Father of Moab murder victim Kylen Schulte asks visitors to check dash cams
MOAB, Utah — The father of Kylen Schulte believes that someone outside of the Moab community may have information about his daughter’s murder.
Kylen Schulte and her wife, Crystal Turner, were found dead in a campsite on La Sal Loop Road near Moab on Aug. 18, 2021. Sean-Paul Schulte spoke on KSL NewsRadio’s Dave and Dujanovic program on Thursday.
Related: Moab women remembered by woman who found their bodies
Sean-Paul Schulte said that the local population in Moab likely doesn’t have any more information.
“What I’m more concerned about are the people who were visiting back in August 11th, 12th, 13, 14th, who may have dash-cam going around the La Sal Mountain Loop Road,” he said. “The little county road that the girls were parked just off of.”
Nearly seven weeks after their murders, there’s not much new information about the case. Some of the most recent information was included in search warrant affidavits that were filed in 7th District Court.
Those affidavits revealed that Schulte and Turner had called friends to say that there was a “weirdo” in their camp area, and that they were changing their campsite. They said he was “creepy” and that they were intimidated by him, the affidavits revealed.
Related: Business owner offers $10K reward in murder of Moab couple
A friend found one of the women’s bodies on Aug. 18 and called the Grand County Sheriff’s Office.
Schulte said it’s time for the media to get involved.
“The best thing to do right now is really pump up the press and try to get it around the world,” he said. “Because people who were in Moab August 11th, 12th and 13th, they’ve left.”
“What we’re looking for is the kind of coverage that Gabby [Petito] got. The upper-level news coverage to spread the word. Someone was able to identify Gabby’s van and they were able to find her body. As Kylen’s dad, I want the same thing Gabby’s father mentioned, which is equal coverage.”
Petito’s body was discovered in the Bridger-Teton National Park in Wyoming and formally identified on Sept. 21. She had been on a summerlong camping excursion across the American West with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie. At the time this story was published, Laundrie remains a missing person with a federal warrant for his arrest related to bank card fraud.
Anybody with information about the murders of Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner are asked to contact the Grand County Sheriff’s Office at 435-259-8115.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world