Major disappointment: US economy adds only 194,000 jobs in September
(CNN) — America’s economic recovery has hit a roadblock: US employers added only 194,000 jobs in September, another troubling sign that Covid is disrupting the economy.
It marked the second-straight month in which the US economy added far fewer jobs than expected. Jobs growth slowed down dramatically in August.
The unemployment rate declined to 4.8% in September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday, down from 5.2% in August.
This is a developing story. It will be updated
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flood warnings statewide
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide
- Sen. Romney touts safety of Utah elections, says he won’t run for president in 2024