(CNN) — America’s economic recovery has hit a roadblock: US employers added only 194,000 jobs in September, another troubling sign that Covid is disrupting the economy.
It marked the second-straight month in which the US economy added far fewer jobs than expected. Jobs growth slowed down dramatically in August.
The unemployment rate declined to 4.8% in September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday, down from 5.2% in August.
This is a developing story. It will be updated
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- FBI: Dental records show that remains are Laundrie’s
- Skywest flights grounded by technical problems
- Salt Lake City IT employee arrested, accused of working with human trafficker
- What may be in that notebook belonging to Brian Laundrie?
- Canyons School District returns to remote-learning Fridays
- Cila, Amur Tiger resident of Utah’s Hogle Zoo has passed
- FBI: Human remains found during search for Brian Laundrie
- CDC says certain whole onions from Mexico are linked to Salmonella
- Idaho Supreme Court orders change of venue in Daybell case
- Thirsty Great Salt Lake just got a little help from its friends