Large power outage affecting Cache County; schools/university on two-hour delay
LOGAN, Utah — A large power outage in Cache County is affecting more than 7,700 customers, according to Rocky Mountain Power.
We are aware of the large power outage in Cache County, UT. Approx. 4,874 customers are affected. The cause is weather related with reports of trees on lines. Crews have been dispatched to investigate/repair. To report an outage, text OUT to 759677 or visit https://t.co/5KJ7zd0MQ1
— Rocky Mountain Power UT (@RMP_Utah) October 12, 2021
The outage will affect the start time for schools as well. All Cache County School District schools will be opening on a two-hour delay and all morning preschool and kindergarten will be canceled.
Mountainside, Wellsville, Spring Creek and Ridgeline schools are closed today. All other schools are operating on a two-hour delay.
— Cache County School District (@CacheDistrict) October 12, 2021
Also affected will be Utah State University’s Logan campus. The university said all 7:30 am classes will be canceled.
UPDATE: The delayed start at our Logan campus is now extended to noon. All 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. classes are cancelled.
— Utah State University (@USUAggies) October 12, 2021
At the time of this writing, Rocky Mountain Power was reporting 72 separate outages across Utah affecting more than 12,260 customers.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Utes win first ever Pac-12 championship; get first ever Rose Bowl appearance Jan. 1
- Suspect’s parents charged in Michigan school shooting
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 detected in first Utah patient
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Laie Hawaii Mission announced by Church leadership
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Doctors find autism rates among Utah children higher than previously thought
- Officers recovering from Taylorsville shooting, police union asks why it happened
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?