Fatal accident on I-215 causes freeway closures
Update: I-215 is now open as of 10 a.m.
MILLCREEK, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation reported a fatal auto-pedestrian accident on I-215 near 3500 S northbound near the freeway entrance ramp.
The accident happened early this morning around 5 a.m. Utah Highway Patrol said a man driving hit a trailer that had fallen off another car. When he got out of his vehicle to assess the damage he was hit by another car and died.
Northbound lanes of I-215 E were closed at 3900 South. The Utah Department of Transportation has not given an estimated reopening time.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) October 15, 2021
Driver Alert: NB I-215 E is closed at exit 4, for 3900 S in Millcreek, due to a crash. Motorists should seek alternate routes such as I-15 & I-80. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UtahTrucking @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 15, 2021
This story will be updated, stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- The Queen Center
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort