Fatal accident on I-215 causes freeway closures
Update: I-215 is now open as of 10 a.m.
MILLCREEK, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation reported a fatal auto-pedestrian accident on I-215 near 3500 S northbound near the freeway entrance ramp.
The accident happened early this morning around 5 a.m. Utah Highway Patrol said a man driving hit a trailer that had fallen off another car. When he got out of his vehicle to assess the damage he was hit by another car and died.
Northbound lanes of I-215 E were closed at 3900 South. The Utah Department of Transportation has not given an estimated reopening time.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) October 15, 2021
Driver Alert: NB I-215 E is closed at exit 4, for 3900 S in Millcreek, due to a crash. Motorists should seek alternate routes such as I-15 & I-80. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UtahTrucking @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) October 15, 2021
This story will be updated, stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism