BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
SALT LAKE CITY – The BYU Cougars are no longer ranked among the top college football teams in the nation. After losing games to Boise State University and Baylor on back to back Saturdays, the Cougars are out of the Associated Press Top 25 and the USA Today Coaches polls.
BYU Cougars no longer ranked
The Cougars had been ranked as high as No. 10 in the national polls. BYU dropped to No. 19 after losing to Boise State.
But after Saturday’s loss to Baylor, right now the team is no longer ranked among the top college teams in either poll.
Cougars still have five games left
BYU has five games left in the regular season. The team will travel to Pullman, Washington taking on the Cougars from Washington State, this week.
The BYU Cougars return to Lavell Edwards Stadium on October 30, when they take on former coach Bronco Mendenhall and his Virginia Cavaliers.
Utah receives votes
The University of Utah Utes are receiving votes after they took down No. 18 Arizona State at Rice Eccles Stadium on Saturday night. However, the Utes did not crack the top 25 in either poll.
Top five in the AP poll include No. 1 Georgia with 63 first place votes. The Bulldogs are followed by Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Alabama and Ohio State.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Church missionary serving in Alabama injured in a shooting